Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

mike6623 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unable to Open ReadySHARE Cloud Shares via readyshare.netgear.com

Has this been fixed yet? I also have installed the software and see the folder, but nothing happens once I click it.

Another thing, is there a reason that I cannot access my home router from work? When I go to the routerlogin.net, it doesn't take me into the site at all. Usually get an error that the connection was lost.

Thanks!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Devor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6623 View Post
Another thing, is there a reason that I cannot access my home router from work? When I go to the routerlogin.net, it doesn't take me into the site at all. Usually get an error that the connection was lost.
That domain only works internally with your local LAN/wLAN, just like 192.168.1.1, it is a private address that the router intercepts. Think about it, if every Netgear router allowed access externally to that domain, how would you separate your specific router from every other Netgear router in the entire world? You couldn't.

What you need to do is use your actual WAN IP Address that is assigned to you by your ISP. If your IP is dynamic and changes a lot (most don't), then you're forced to use DynDNS.org. It use to be free, but they have since changed their policy and Netgear doesn't allow the user to select a different service that's free.
Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1050:08:34:23

--
How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware:
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

giacomos is on a distinguished road

Mike,
have you tried right clicking on the icon for your router on the left hand side and choose explore?
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

have you tried right clicking on the router on the left side ..... found this by accident on my wndr4500 using windows 7 and it allowed me access
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
NETGEAR Addict

I'm not sure what you mean by "right clicking on the router on the left side"? If you are talking about some additional software you installed, no additional software is required to use, or access, the router.

To access ReadyShare locally, you can use Explorer. ReadyShare will be displayed in the left panel. Or use '\\Readyshare' in Explorer address bar and create a shortcut. To access ReadyShare remotely, it starts with knowing your current WAN address.

BTW, the current WAN address to access ReadyShare remotely is shown in the router's configuration right next to where you enable 'FTP (via internet)' and 'HTTP (via internet)'. Again, if your ISP service is dynamic, the IP address assigned to you could change while your away and you will not be able to connect.

--
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

After connecting in readyshare.netgear.com my screen shows an icon for my router in the left panel (wndr45000) and my shares on the right..... I right click on the wndr4500 and choose from the drop down menu
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM

farmerjim is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Unable to Open ReadySHARE Cloud Shares via readyshare.netgear.com

has anyone found a solution to this yet? it really sucks as the Readyshare Cloud features was one of the main reasons I bought the router in the first place...

I can right click on the router icon on the left had side of the interface screen and I can see "Browse" and "Show in explorer" but when I select browse I can see all my files but I can't so anything with except delete...

When I try "show in explorer" I get another window opening whith an icon of my USB drive but I can not access any files inside this - i have tried double clicking and right clicking....so frustrating...

Funny thing is that I can get it working perfectly on my iPad through the Netgear cloud app...

I have initiated a support ticket so we'll see but not holding my breath...
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:54 AM

andpia is on a distinguished road

I have identical problem in WNDR4500. Have You any response from Netgear?
I will be grateful for your response

Last edited by Mars Mug; March 3rd, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

I had the same problem and stumbled on the solution for my xp computers. First go to your internet properties > connections tab > LAN settings in the control panel and make sure the "Automatically detect settings" is the only box that is checked. Secondly go to Network connections in the control panel, right click on "leaf networks adapter" and click on properties, scroll down to Internet Protocol (tcp/ip), highlight it and click on properties. Click on Use the following IP address. Enter IP address 5.0.0.3, subnet mask 255.0.0.0 , leave default gateway blank. click on "Use the following DNS server address" but leave the addresses blank. Click OK and get back to your desktop. After rebooting everything worked. I did this on my laptop and it solved the problem there also. I got the info for the Leaf network adapter manual setup from a pdf online.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacomos View Post
First go to your internet properties > connections tab > LAN settings in the control panel and make sure the "Automatically detect settings" is the only box that is checked.
I believe doing that might interfere with any manual settings you have entered. For the record, I have nothing checked in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacomos View Post
Secondly go to Network connections in the control panel, right click on "leaf networks adapter" and click on properties, scroll down to Internet Protocol (tcp/ip), highlight it and click on properties. Click on Use the following IP address. Enter IP address 5.0.0.3,
I realize that you may not know the answer and are only relating what you gathered from a PDF online, but enter an IP address of 5.0.0.3?

Code:
% Information related to '5.0.0.0 - 5.0.127.255'

inetnum:        5.0.0.0 - 5.0.127.255
netname:        SY-ISP-TARASSUL
descr:          Tarassul Inetnet Service Provider
Why would it be necessary to set the Network adapter to an IP address in the Syrian Arab Republic?

To better understand what Leaf Networks was about, I found this description:
Leaf Networks (now a part of NETGEAR) securely extends LAN-like connectivity over the Internet to embedded devices, mobile users, and software applications. You can easily create virtual networks on-demand, across any public or private networks using Leaf Networks software. Leaf Networks has developed patented technology that allows computers to form networks and communicate as if they were on the same local area network.
From what little I know about Leaf Networks, mostly from doing searches and reading some posts in here, it seems to cause more problems then it's worth. If the intended purpose is to create a VPN with a group of other users, I'd rather use TeamViewer.

Can anyone shed some light on Leaf Networks?

--