Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM

CHRISW80 is on a distinguished road
Default Sky router replacement

Hi there,
I have been having problems with my sky sagem router and so i bought the netgear DGND3700. The problem is the sky router has a built in username and password which sky were reluctant to give me, however when i asked for a mac code to leave sky broadband they gave me the info. We have used the username and password but we still cannot get the netgear router to work! Any suggestions?
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Scubbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sky router replacement

Please do feel welcome take a look for what setting you need on the SkyUser Forum.

In the mean time you will need the following settings:

Basic Settings
Does your Internet connection require a login? : Yes
Encapsulation : PPPoA
Login & Password - as extracted from your Sky Router. Just in case they don't work, navigate to this site (use Copy & Paste from the Sky router for the correct MAC Address & Password, then copy & paste the results in to a Notepad/Text file so as to reduce any mistakes
Internet IP Address : Get Dynamically from ISP

ADSL Settings
Multiplexing Method : VC-Based
VPI / VCI : 0 / 38
DSL Mode : Auto
Transfer Mode : ATM

WAN Setup
MTU Size(in bytes) : 1458 or 1400 (the correct size should be 1500 but the DGND3700 does not allow this figure to be used, if 1458 causes problems, then try 1400)

Any other settings are yours to change as you please.
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:17 AM

deltadoyle123 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scubbie

I have just bought a DGND3700 to replace my sky Sagem router. The DSL led is green but the internet LED is Red. I have used your link to obtain the login and password but it has not worked. I have tried the mac address for the ADSL and Lan port but neither work and made sure to copy and paste it into a text file but it still doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong, and I am begining to think I am going to have to give in to sky and pay extra for a decent router from them.
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM

deltadoyle123 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scubbie

I have just bought a DGND3700 to replace my sky Sagem router. The DSL led is green but the internet LED is Red. I have used your link to obtain the login and password but it has not worked. I have tried the mac address for the ADSL and Lan port but neither work and made sure to copy and paste it into a text file but it still doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong, and I am begining to think I am going to have to give in to sky and pay extra for a decent router from them.
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Scubbie is on a distinguished road

When your Sky router is connected, which 'Networking Type' is it connecting by?

MER or PPPoA?

Some people have found in recent months that some lines are being fixed on either MER or PPPoA. I don't know why Sky are doing this, but if this the case with your connection and you are fixed on MER, then raise a support ticket with Netgear to see if they will add Sky's MER support.

In the mean time read the document in the link below to see how to connect the DGND3700 via it's WAN Ethernet port to the Sky router. This was the Sky router works like a Modem and you have the full benefits of the Netgear DGND3700, except the ability to tweak your connection speed using Telnet and DynDNS loop-back fails.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html