Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM

hansfl is on a distinguished road
Default Remote

The right/left arrow of the NTV350 remote can be used for different use cases in video mode:
- move the picture to the left/right
- forward/reverse (at different speeds) playback of the movie

How can one switch the mode of this? I have a xvid movie that I blow up with zoom to full screen but when I want to use the forward/reverse functionality of the remote control it only moves the image to the right/left. How can I change this?

Thanks in advance
Old November 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

NBK64 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remote

Hello!

As far as I know you can't do much about this. But if you enter the video playback option and click on time seek. There you can manually enter the time of the movie you want to go to.

I hope this will help you a bit.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM

I have been using the "time seek" functionality as well but that's not always what I want. If there is no way to really control this, it is a bug or severe limitation that hopefully gets fixed in an update.

Again on the left/right arrow functionality: if two functions are mapped on the same button, there needs to be a manner to select either of them.
Weird thing is that it depends on the content (the file being played) which of the functionality works.
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Followup: After some testing, I have figured out that at the original zoom factor the left/right button can be used to go fast forward/reverse through your video file but once you have zoomed (typically to adjust the format to optimal screen size, which one would do most of the time), these buttons move the picture to the left/right. I would argue not the optimal behaviour because when you are looking at your optiimal setting, you must go back to the original 1x zoom setting, to be able to fast forward/reverse. Selection of the function (toggle between the two functionalities) would be more useful. Something for a firmware update?