Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Storage, Entertainment, Print Servers & VOIP Devices > Multimedia Entertainment Devices > PTVU1000 Forum

Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM

leekravitz is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Problems with players crashing

When I use my Dell D630 to playback video from Netflix, Hulu or You Tube on the notebook's screen, it works fine. But when I project it to my HDTV via the HDMI port on my Netgear Universal Push2TV HD PTVU1000 the players always crash after a few minutes on Netflix or Hulu. My computer has more than the specs call for in every sense and I am running Windows XP Pro. I have no troble projecting any other images (text, photos, web sites) on my tv via the PTVU1000, just with video playback from these favorite sites of mine (which is why I bought it). lk.hi@juno.com. Any help?????
Old November 7th, 2011, 09:37 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Dogbert is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems with players crashing

I haven't seen this so far, and have actually played both Hulu and Neflix streams simultaneously without any problems. (Just had to see if it could be done. :-) ) What browser are you using, and have you tried a different browser? (I'm assuming you are using a browser to play back videos from these sites.) Have you checked to make sure you have the latest video and audio drivers on the laptop? Also what happens when the player/browser crashes? Are there any error messages that pop up?