Old November 30th, 2011, 02:24 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mrwilson1 is on a distinguished road
Default Question on 2.4 and 5ghz

This isn't a problem, but rather just a question about the two bands on the router.
Router in question is the N900 and concerns wireless settings.
1. when I set up the wireless SSID it appears it was for 2.4. When I went into settings I seen the 2.4 was set up with my SSID correctly, but the 5ghz was set to something else. I changed the 5gh to the same SSID as the 2.4 and added the -5G after it.
Question here is, are both channels working? On the router the 2.4 light is green and the 5ghz is blue. Should they not both be blue?

The manual I downloaded say there is only a blue light for both.

I will say I am connected to all my wireless peripherals including my beloved droid.But I have no way to check and see if both bands are operating.

Thank you for your time
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:02 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

StratmanX is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question on 2.4 and 5ghz

This appears to be a typographical error in the manual. The LED for the 2.4 GHz band is GREEN and for the 5 GHz band is BLUE.

These colors of LED has been consistent with all three 4500's Ive tested, the picture on the front of the box, and even the picture in the Installation Guide.

If you do not have a client that can use the 5 GHz band then you could, if you'd like, turn the 5 GHz radio off using the Netgear Genie software. The blue LED should then turn off.

Just curious, how are you liking the 4500?
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

So far I love it. It is very fast, has increased my firefox page load time and has given a nice increase in the android download speed. (am not hitting up to 18mips)

No problems with printers, but there shouldn't be really because I am just upgrading from and old WNDR2000 and using the same SSID.

One thing, I had to download the genie to be able to change the SSID, I want unhappy but thought I should have been able to access the router itself. Not a problem however.

I have only had one incident in 2 days of total loss of signal to the wireless, will watch for that in the future. All in all I am very satisfied.
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Ghettorat is on a distinguished road

This is what I get with my Samsung Galaxy SII on 5ghz WNDR4500
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:51 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Mine is reversed 14808kbps download and 4544 download lol
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

StratmanX is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=mrwilson1;381167One thing, I had to download the genie to be able to change the SSID, I want unhappy but thought I should have been able to access the router itself.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you should be able to access the Genie browser GUI without installing or using the standalone Genie application. Maybe it is the browser you are using.

To access the browser GUI, use either Internet Explorer or Firefox. You may be able to use a different browser but I know these two work. Then type in the URL window "routerlogin.net" (without the "" marks).