Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

iainB85 is on a distinguished road
Default Netgear WNDR3400v2 constant internet loss

Hello,

I purchased a Netgear WNDR3400v2 wireless router about two weeks ago. For the first week I did not notice any problems. This second week owning it has been absolute hell, and I don't know why

I cannot reliably do anything on the internet, as I lose it constantly throughout the day, sometimes multiple times in an hour. My cable modem shows all signs green, but going to the router admin panel says Internet "not connected" during these outages. The troubleshooting tells me to cycle the power on my modem, which has no effect either way. If I wait 2-5 minutes without even power cycling my modem, but telling the router firmware that I have... it magically reconnects again, and everything is fine... until the next not so distant outage.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I post more information to help? I'm pretty computer savvy, but networking has always been a mysterious and confusing realm to me -- things just like to work or not, and I rarely understand the logic behind it!
Old January 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

01R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Netgear WNDR3400v2 constant internet loss

check and see if this has a check mark Disable IGMP Proxying i dont know what it does but it may be the cause of the problem

does any one here know what wont work if i Disable IGMP Proxying ?
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:27 AM

JudyMcNeil is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Netgear WNDR3400v2 constant internet loss

I am getting the exact same issue. So maddening. I have hired 2 people to come and look at it and they have no clue.
The error is:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.8 for the Network Card with network address C43DC7C7FFBD has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
This happens on all the devices.
I sure hope someone knows what the problem is.
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:26 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

01R is on a distinguished road

i use to get those DHCPNACK messages set your stuff not to get the ips automaticly you set them up
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Where do you see this error message? I don't see any errors -- my router admin panel simply says I am not connected to internet anymore (even though my modem is all green lights still). Waiting 5 minutes then attempting to reconnect through the admin panel works, but only until my next disconnect.

I will look for this "Disable IGMP Proxying" setting when I get home from work in a few hours -- any details on where I'd find it?

Also, are you suggesting I try to manually assign an IP address for each device connected to my router? Do you think they are conflicting and disconnecting me from the internet or something?
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:07 AM

croisan is on a distinguished road

I also have this problem with a WNDR3400v2. I've owned it sense October and we have experienced the drops on all devices (laptops, touchpad, digital photo frames) over the last 2-3 months. I did not have this problem with my Cisco router. I'm reporting now because I have a few days off and actually have some time (I worked through Christmas - no time off).
I upgraded the firmware a few days ago to V1.0.0.12 but the problem persists.
Channel is set to auto and there are weak neighboring wifi's on every channel. but nothing close in terms of signal strength. (I checked with inSSIDer).
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:39 AM

CMT is on a distinguished road

I am having the same issues with my March 2011 WNDR3700v2. The strange thing is, I only saw the issue in the past 2 months. Updating the firmware had no effect. I still get completely random disconnects... 1 per day or 1 per minute, just depends on the phase of the moon I guess.
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM

wilpher is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Netgear WNDR3400v2 constant internet loss

If there is problem in the wireless there are some basic truble shooting steps can be tried such as

1:changing the channel
2:try updating the firmware if available
3:try with different mode
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:46 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thank you for your post wilpher, but it this is not a wireless issue -- this happens to devices, including my PC, that are hard wired into the router.
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
NETGEAR Addict

sabretooth is on a distinguished road

Since y'all have new unit did you re-flash the newest firmware available on the Netgear web site? This should be done to test the ability to upgrade in the future and to correct new units that may have issues. Doing this eliminates one step of troubleshooting. The web site is wrong on the version listed but go ahead and download it and it will say the correct version 1.0.34.chk. Re-flash and once done hard reset for 30 seconds. Wait 30 seconds and power cycle. Now reconfigure back manually to your settings and try again.