Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:20 PM

cwilton is on a distinguished road
Default Genie thinks WiFi connection is not enabled

Everything appears to be working fine with my router, except the home page on the Genie software says, under WiFi Connection status: "NOT ENABLED." When I click on that tab, it says, "Can not scan the wireless networks. Make sure your wireless adapter is turned on and is not disabled." When I click on the "Refresh" button on that panel, nothing changes. Is this a problem I need to address? I remember that, when I first installed the router, it said "ENABLED," but after downloading the latest Genie firmware, I started getting the "NOT ENABLED" error message. I'm not sure I know what my wireless adapter is, nor how I would enable it.
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:34 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Genie thinks WiFi connection is not enabled

Is the Genie referring to the PCs wireless adaptor rather than the router wireless status, i.e. your PCs wireless adaptor is missing or disabled?

My name is Andy.
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Lupe is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Genie thinks WiFi connection is not enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mug View Post
Is the Genie referring to the PCs wireless adaptor rather than the router wireless status, i.e. your PCs wireless adaptor is missing or disabled?
I suspect Genie refers to the PC wireless interface. My desktop PC does not have wireless, and I see the same error message in Genie.

However, when I log in using the router's web interface, it shows wireless as available. Clicking the icon take me directly to the internal wireless settings page of the router itself, not any external adapter.

Wonder why the Genie software has this inconsistency, or is it intentional?