Old March 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM

raegten01 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

Hi team.

Last night I connected to the internet using the Wizard setup and followed the instructions to update the firm ware. After the firmware was installed I lost connection and no matter what I try I cannot get a solid green light (flashes) on the ADSL connection. I can remove the phone line etc and this doesn't make any difference. Netgear Techs were supposed to send me a file to restore the original firmware but I haven't seen this yet. I have confirmed with TPG that I'm getting comms from them (Using old modem now) so it's not the ISP.

Please help me

Spec's
ISP: TPG
Model: DGND3700
Old March 9th, 2012, 03:32 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

HARD RESET the router after flashing the firmware

see router reset on my sig below
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
HARD RESET the router after flashing the firmware

see router reset on my sig below
I'm sorry mate, but how do I "FLash the Firmware"
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:27 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road

see router reset on my sig below and there router upgrade tab. read it
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

32110 is on a distinguished road

Flashing the firmware is another term for upgrading the firmware. What jmizoguchi is suggesting is that after the download you do hard reset. This is done by inserting a paper clip or similar into the red ringed hole for at least 7 seconds on the large flat surface with Netgear labels. This returns unit to factory setup so you will need to then reset to work with your ISP. See page 156 of manual which is downloadable from Netgear DGND3700 support site.
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
NETGEAR Expert

theTechman05 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

With the flashing your software, there should be an option under maintenance then upgrade. If you have the file which should be *.*.*.17 , it should be able to added by using the browse option and then upload[button] (do note to make sure your on a wired connection while you do this). After a few moment the lights should settle down and then you can do the reset with the paper clip, which just makes sure the setting are where they should be (clean as if .17 was installed when you opened the box).

Just when you've done the reset ,log in and check the settings. Earlier on I know auto setup was not always putting the correct information in for the connection , so if you have a problem after reset make sure your modem settings are proper.

Hopefully your isp tech support should be able to help you fill in the fields if auto setup doesn't.
Old March 11th, 2012, 12:05 AM

Thumbs up Re: ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTechman05 View Post
With the flashing your software, there should be an option under maintenance then upgrade. If you have the file which should be *.*.*.17 , it should be able to added by using the browse option and then upload[button] (do note to make sure your on a wired connection while you do this). After a few moment the lights should settle down and then you can do the reset with the paper clip, which just makes sure the setting are where they should be (clean as if .17 was installed when you opened the box).

Just when you've done the reset ,log in and check the settings. Earlier on I know auto setup was not always putting the correct information in for the connection , so if you have a problem after reset make sure your modem settings are proper.

Hopefully your isp tech support should be able to help you fill in the fields if auto setup doesn't.

OK everyone, thanks for your support.

I have now successfully connect to the net and this is the only process that worked.

Download the old firmware version: V1.0.0.12 and I had an immediate hook up to the internet provider. No rebooting required, so I would recommend to all in Australia that needs to connect to TPG to NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO THE LATER VERSION WHEN INSTALLING THE MODEM / ROUTER.

Otherwise all is good and I'll sleep well tonight !!
Old March 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
NETGEAR Expert

Exclamation Re: ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

Can't sleep till you tell an entire continent what was missing. Was there something specific to your isp that was removed in the last 2 firmware's.

If it was a simple enough fix you should mark down your settings in v12 and see if they are all available in v17 or later than v12. be my luck your one of those "annex" people since I think something like that got removed.

Your going to want to pass that along to the techs if its a new issue for them to work on. Like Scubbie said in another post (She can irk later if I miss quoted) saying "v17 should be more a consistent[connections] and secure firmware" so you should move off it as soon as the problem can be detailed.

Please and thank you

Techman
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM

Nachtswerg is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same problem with my N600. I followed the recommended update to 1.0.0.17NA from .12. When the update completed, the router cycled. When it came back up, the DSL light was flashing rapidly and the internet LED didn't light at all.

I verified that the login and password on the Basic Settings page were correct and even checked with Century Link, my ISP, to make sure they were right. I also checked the phone cable and jack worked with a landline substituted for the 3700.

I spent a good 2 hours on the phone between Century Link and Netgear working on the issue with no success. Century Link verified that there did seem to be a line issue, but that it should only impact performance, not connectivity (appt. to fix scheduled for tomorrow).

Next steps included trying out the router with a new cable and a new jack. No success there, as well, even though a landline tested fine for both incoming and outgoing calls.

Finally, I downloaded a new copy of the .17 file and the .12 file. I reflashed the firmware with .17, disconnected everything for 10 minutes, and retried with no success. I, then re-installed .12. This, at least, got the DSL light to go solid green, but the internet light is now showing red. I re-verified my username and password with Century Link, but still no success.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to retire the 3700 at this point.
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:00 PM
NETGEAR Expert

Lightbulb Re: ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

Haven't tried myself to see if it fit but if you have a test plug outside your house and an extension cord, you could plug the modem in there. The bad thing there is if it works , your liable. Age shouldn't be a factor too much if you have a newish box outside with working voice and don't re-screw in house too much but how old the wire inside. Most wire will have labeling like cat3 or greater, that's what was originally run into my home even though I replaced with plenum cat 6 (overkill but I didn't have cat 3 or 5 to run) on a shorter run to box (line was dangling out from the siding).

**Either way** when the tech comes tomorrow they'll have a device to plug in when your modem connects and do their own official tests on the line and do the "you should use our modem" jig if they can't get your dgnd3700 to connect with you.