Old June 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Kayy is on a distinguished road
Arrow WNR2000 Port Forwarding!

Hello and thanks for reading. Let me start off by saying i've been searching google for a solution for my problem and tried alot of stuff (including hardreset) , well sadly though i've made about zero progress.

So here's the problem: I need to forward a port (could be any) so i start the netgear "smartwizard" and klick on portforwarding, add custom service and so on... well basically i do what i have to but it just doesn't quite give me any results.

I've been suspecting that it has something to do with my default gateway/ipv4 address (10.0.0.1/4) because that's not what my ip should look like... i guess?

So if you can help me, thanks a lot and i know that you've probably read questions like mine far too often already so i'm sorry but as i said i couldn't find a solution (today i literally searched the whole day).
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

fordem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR2000 Port Forwarding!

Assuming that the 10.0.0.1/4 address you've provided is what the router shows as the gateway, that will certainly be one possible issue - it's a private ip address.

What sort of modem is the WNR2000 connected to?
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Kayy is on a distinguished road

Well, i'm not sure if you're looking for any specific information about the modem but it's a "Vood 422", a rather old modem that was handed out by my ISP.

Sorry if i'm missing the point as you can tell my knowledge in this area is rather small.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:44 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

I believe Fordem is suggesting that your modem is also a router, and a ‘Google’ of ‘Vood 422’ seems to agree (though most links are in German and I’m not clever enough to speak two languages, struggle with English sometimes).

Anyway, it’s a common problem, and is typically resolved by putting the modem/router (the Vood) into ‘Bridged Mode’ so that it operates as a modem only. Commonly when this is done you will lose your Internet connection via the modem directly (since it no longer logs in to your ISP) until you connect and re-configure (I suggest a factory reset) the Netgear router and provide it with your ISP login details (so make sure you know those details before you start).

My name is Andy.
Old June 13th, 2012, 04:48 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

fordem is on a distinguished road

Andy is correct - the reason I asked about the modem was so that I could determine if it's just a modem or a modem/router - and it appears to be a modem/router, so that what you have is a daisy chain, sort of like this ...

modem/router => netgear-router

The situation here is that you're trying to configure port forwarding on the netgear router, but, the data packets never reach the netgear because they are dropped by the Vood.

As Andy says, putting the Vood into "bridged mode" is the solution - since it's an ISP provided device give them a call and ask for help.
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM

dgp is on a distinguished road

Since updating the firmware in my wnr2000v2 I get the following error:

The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type

Prior to the firmware upgrade port forwarding worked with no probs
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:06 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

you MUST hard reset the router after flashing the firmware