Old August 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM

bjr3578 is on a distinguished road
Default ReadyShare Cloud on Iphone Help!

I have a WNDR4500 with my external hard drive connected to one of the usb ports on the back. I want to be able to send pictures from my Iphone and Ipad directly to the external drive using the ReadyShare Cloud Iphone/Ipad app but I get an error message when I try to connect on the app on the phone. The error message says "Please check that your FTP service on your ReadySHARE is running and that you are running the latest version of the ReadyShare Cloud add-on." When I go to the Feedback/FAQ on the app to see how to do this, the FTP service seems to be on Frontview from the RaidAr program. When I install this program I can't get to Frontview because I don't have ReadyNAS equipment to detect. How do I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:40 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

pguerreiro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ReadyShare Cloud on Iphone Help!

Have the same problem here...
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:37 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

1marcus4 is on a distinguished road

Me too!

Totally enjoy my Wndr4500 in all respects EXCEPT for the Readyshare Cloud feature. Literally, a frakking joke!

I'm ready to just move on over to Synology for storage, DLNA and streaming, and forget these Netgear lightweights. They just don't have their act together.
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM

briosky2 is on a distinguished road

When I try to connect on the app on the phone there is an error message saying "Please check that your FTP service on your ReadySHARE is running and that you are running the latest version of the ReadyShare Cloud add-on." How do I turn it on? What is the solution? Is there one?
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

bouncy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ReadyShare Cloud on iPhone Help!

I purchased this router for the Cloud feature and haven't been able to use it I had the FTP error message you all mentioned above and was able to successfully get past this problem by logging into the router and going into:

ADVANCED > USB STORAGE > ADVANCED SETTINGS

once in here put a tick into FTP (Via Internet) then click Apply

My issue is when i use the iPhone RS Cloud app it finds my WNDR4500 and says connected but when i click on it a little spinner appears and stays for some time then i get an Alert:

Error

550 Error: Access Denied

After several phone calls and talks to the Netgear Technician i feel i actually know more about this product than she did but after all her suggestions on what to do became exhausted she now says the issue lays with the iPhone app while running iOS 6. I can't confirm this as i don't have any devices on the older OS but she says they think there should be an update within a month.

I'm not sure if this is genuine or just to put me off because they've tried everything unsuccessfully???
Old December 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM

Gear4me is on a distinguished road

I am stuck at the same Error 505 even with my iPad 1, which is using iOS 5.x.
I was able to read from using the http://(ip address)/share URL.
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:55 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Poohkies is on a distinguished road

Having exactly the same problems with my D6300
Old March 23rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

pawo is on a distinguished road

My WNDR4500/Netgear iOS Apps have the same problem with ALL my Apple devices, independently the iOS version. It doesn't work, neither the RSCloud App nor the Surveillance APP nor the ReadyDLNA App. All FTP and HTTP enabled, the USB device and cameras is recognized but cannot be accessed. Three Netgear Apps and all three do not work. This is absolutely disappointing and makes me not buying a planned new NAS investment from Netgear. I will move to QNAP where things simply work.
Old June 6th, 2014, 12:33 AM

icymaniac is on a distinguished road

hi i have the same price but have found a solution now, please don't use the app netgear RS CLOUD as it will cause this problem , please download another APP call ReadyNAS Remote , and this app works exacly the same as the netgear RS cloud and will work fine without any problems,