Old September 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mchipser is on a distinguished road
Default GS752TXS DHCP Helper address

I am trying to configure my stack of GS752TXS to use one DHCP server across 3 VLANs. I don't see an option to add a DHCP helper address. I read on a review a user was also unable to find this but used a workaround by trunking the port with the DHCP server. I tried this but my DHCP server still did not provide addresses to items outside of the PVID. I then contacted Netgear support and they said I needed to trunk it to a PVID not on a VLAN like 99. This did not work either. Anyone know how to work around this?
Old July 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM

mlarma is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GS752TXS DHCP Helper address

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchipser View Post
I am trying to configure my stack of GS752TXS to use one DHCP server across 3 VLANs. I don't see an option to add a DHCP helper address. I read on a review a user was also unable to find this but used a workaround by trunking the port with the DHCP server. I tried this but my DHCP server still did not provide addresses to items outside of the PVID. I then contacted Netgear support and they said I needed to trunk it to a PVID not on a VLAN like 99. This did not work either. Anyone know how to work around this?
Yep, I did the trunking thing. Tagged all the VLANs and set the default route from the box over one of them and the others had no default route, turned off DNS servers on those interfaces and unchecked all bindings except IPv4 and definitely uncheck the "Register this connection in DNS" on the advanced page or you'll have stupid issues with the clients trying to connect to interfaces with either no routes or no services. Did this with two domain controllers that have DHCP and DNS on them as well.

I also tried manually putting an ip helper command in the config (using syntax from other netgear switches)...ummm yeah, that definitely did nothing. :-)

Hope that helps!

Mark