Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:20 AM

farmr is on a distinguished road
Default wgt624v3 Router Using iOS 6

My device is an iPhone 4S. On Sept. 19th, Apple released their new operating system, iOS 6. I have a Netgear router (wgt624v3), using the most up-to-date firmware, (v2.0.26_1.0.1na).

Through a Apple Discussion Group, a user found out that if you downgraded the routerís firmware to (v2.0.21_1.0.1na), you could then connect to the network. Thatís in fact what happened to me.

My question to you, why is that? Is there going to be an update to the firmware for this router so that one can connect to a wireless network with an iOS 6 operating system using the most up-to-date firmware without having to downgrade the firmware?
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:32 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

lseltzer is on a distinguished road
Default WG102, same deal

I have a WG102 access point and had the same exact issue. I was running the current 5.0.3 and could not log in from iOS 6. Once I downgraded to 5.0.1 it worked.

This has become a common problem since the iOS 6 upgrade became available, as evidenced by this apple support thread.
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wgt624v3 Router Using iOS 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmr View Post

My question to you, why is that? Is there going to be an update to the firmware for this router so that one can connect to a wireless network with an iOS 6 operating system using the most up-to-date firmware without having to downgrade the firmware?
http://www.netgear.com/eol

product is EOL so there will be NO more updates.
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

basonner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wgt624v3 Router Using iOS 6

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well to maybe get some help. I'm having the same issue with the same router and i0S6. My current problem is with the actual 2.0.21 firware file that I dl'ed from the netgear dl page. Once I dl'ed it to my desktop I was unable to do anything with it; it is a zipped folder w/ a fragmented file in it. How do I go about completing the downgrade?