Old October 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

ageofknowledge is on a distinguished road
Question Change Router Password on N600?

I have the N600 Wireless Dual Band Router up and running but the password is "password" to log into it and I can't find anywhere to change it.

I did Live Chat and the support tech kept telling me to go to the Administration tab where I can change it.

But there is no administration tab. There is a basic tab and an advanced tab. Tabs are pages with a tab up top going from left to right that you can click on.

On each tab (basic and advanced) there are selections you can choose from. Under the advanced tab there is a administration row item you can select which brings up the following choices: Router Status, Logs, Attached Devices, Backup Settings, and Router Update.

I logged in and flashed the router firmware to its latest version and it says all is well with that.

So how do I change the password from "password" ???????????????????????
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Joe_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Change Router Password on N600?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofknowledge View Post
I logged in and flashed the router firmware to its latest version and it says all is well with that.
If you upgraded the router's firmware, ensure that you hard reset the router (using the reset button).

N600 is not the model. On my own WNDR3400 I can find Password under Maintenance and I can change it there anytime.

What browser are you using? It is recommended that you use Internet Explorer. Once you enter routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 in the search bar and hit Enter it should take you to the Login screen. From there you should be able to access the router's GUI.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:45 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

ageofknowledge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Change Router Password on N600?

I figured it out. There is a set password option under the administration row on the advanced tab but the letters don't show. So you just click where it should be and up comes the option. Weird but resolved.