Old November 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM

Mayes0210 is on a distinguished road
Default Best router configuration?

Hey guys, thanks in advance for taking the time to look at my thread, and that any advice will be greatly appreciated. For starters, i'm new when it comes to working with routers and networking equipment.

I have a lot of devices that connect to my home network, and i thought the old router i had wasn't cutting it, so i got the R6300 thinking it would boost my speed and keep a steady connection. I did a speed test on my old router and compared it with the new and the results were basically the same slow speed as before.

My question is, how do i maximize the settings of my router for gaming with an xbox, and media streaming across the network?
Old November 11th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Mark_K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best router configuration?

Who is your ISP?
Is it cable or DSL?
What type of cable/DSL modem are you using?
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

For one buying new router will not make Internet faster than your ISP provides do you need detail what is the issues in what ground
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:11 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

rugo32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayes0210 View Post
Hey guys, thanks in advance for taking the time to look at my thread, and that any advice will be greatly appreciated. For starters, i'm new when it comes to working with routers and networking equipment.

I have a lot of devices that connect to my home network, and i thought the old router i had wasn't cutting it, so i got the R6300 thinking it would boost my speed and keep a steady connection. I did a speed test on my old router and compared it with the new and the results were basically the same slow speed as before.

My question is, how do i maximize the settings of my router for gaming with an xbox, and media streaming across the network?
Like you, I was curious to see if the R6300 could boost internet performance over my old WNDR 3700r1, which it did not, but that's because the limitations of my ISP. did you find your answer?