Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old November 17th, 2012, 02:25 PM
NETGEAR Expert

Simon0 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to configure a WNDR3700 (N600) router on a 2Wire 3600HGV modem

2Wire 3600HGV is a U-verse Gateway which does NOT allow bridging at all... It has limited connection tracking abilities, and it'll track them no matter how powerful a router you attach to it. You can attach a router in AP-mode (easiest), but I prefer using the DMZ-plus mode. Reduce udt/tcp timeouts if you need more connections for game server refresh/p2p/server access/etc...

Goto 192.168.1.254 | Settings | Applications, Pinholes and DMZ | Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)

For local servers, you MAY need to properly setup "Advanced Configuration" as well but BE CAREFUL... The ip is pretty much static...

good luck..
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM

jay5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to configure a WNDR3700 (N600) router on a 2Wire 3600HGV modem

I am having an issue with a similar setup.

I have the 3801HGV 2Wire from uverse, and the N600. I set up the N600 as an AP (turned off DHCP - worked fine when I had comcast and a motorola surfboard modem and a Rangemax router).

My wired devices (Xbox, deskop PC, Uverse boxes) seem to be working fine and have good internet speed.

My wireless is extremely poor. It cuts in and out, and is slow when it is working. I can't figure out what is causing this... I disabled the wireless network on the 2wire, and that had no impact.

Any suggestions?