Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Adapters

Old November 20th, 2012, 09:40 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Liffento is on a distinguished road
Default WNA3100 Stops working

I didn't have this problem when I had windows 7 installed. I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro 64bit and used the windows 8 beta drivers on the website to install the adapter. It works fine for a bit but it would then randomly stop working. In the event logs, I found these errors http://www.eventid.net/display-event...33-phase-1.htm

What I did as a temp fix was disabled the adapter in the device manager and re-enabled it for it to start working again. This only works for a time as it would randomly go back to the same issue. Is there a fix or maybe a new windows 8 driver update that can fix this issue?
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: WNA3100 Stops working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liffento View Post
I didn't have this problem when I had windows 7 installed. I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro 64bit and used the windows 8 beta drivers on the website to install the adapter. It works fine for a bit but it would then randomly stop working. In the event logs, I found these errors http://www.eventid.net/display-event...33-phase-1.htm

What I did as a temp fix was disabled the adapter in the device manager and re-enabled it for it to start working again. This only works for a time as it would randomly go back to the same issue. Is there a fix or maybe a new windows 8 driver update that can fix this issue?
Never mind. I fixed it by installing the version 2 software after the beta drivers got the computer to recognize the wireless adapter. Installing the version 2 software fixed the error.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Never mind. I fixed it by installing the version 2 software after the beta drivers got the computer to recognize the wireless adapter. Installing the version 2 software fixed the error.
Never mind. It didn't fix it. It stopped working again and had to disable and re-enable it in device manager to get it working again.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM

virgo47 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Never mind. It didn't fix it. It stopped working again and had to disable and re-enable it in device manager to get it working again.
Check to see in its properties if windows shuts it off to save power. Wireless network adapter properties, power management tab, uncheck "allow Windows to turn off this device to save power".
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM

virgo47 is on a distinguished road

Network and Sharing Center.
Left Click on active connection.
Properties button at bottom with shield.
Configure button.
Uncheck box allowing Windows to turn off device to save power.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo47 View Post
Network and Sharing Center.
Left Click on active connection.
Properties button at bottom with shield.
Configure button.
Uncheck box allowing Windows to turn off device to save power.
Already did that, no change. it would still randomly cause the adapter to stop working. I would either have to disable and re-enable it in device manager or pull it out and plug it back in to get it working.
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:30 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

NoXoZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Have you already tried to manually update the Windows 8 drivers that you have dowloaded from the Device Manager? Try to right-click on the NETGEAR adapter model that should appear under Network adapters or other devices from the Device Manager then choose 'Update Driver Software' then browse your computer for the driver software.

If that would not work, try to pick from a list of device drivers from your computers.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:12 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXoZ View Post
Have you already tried to manually update the Windows 8 drivers that you have dowloaded from the Device Manager? Try to right-click on the NETGEAR adapter model that should appear under Network adapters or other devices from the Device Manager then choose 'Update Driver Software' then browse your computer for the driver software.

If that would not work, try to pick from a list of device drivers from your computers.
Already did. Might eventually have to wait until actual full release of Win 8 drivers to come out to fix the issue with the wireless adapter. Something in win 8 is different from win 7 that causes the OS to lose the adapter. It would see it as unrecognized device until after restart at times.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:15 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Also forgot to mention that if I have it on the USB ports that is also using my mouse and keyboard, it would cut them off for awhile and they would then load back up so I had to move the adapter to one of the USB 3 ports so it wouldn't cut off any other device. Still the adapter gets errors but at least anything else on the USB 2 ports does not get cut off any more.
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:16 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Also forgot to mention that if I have it on the USB ports that is also using my mouse and keyboard, it would cut them off for awhile and they would then load back up so I had to move the adapter to one of the USB 3 ports so it wouldn't cut off any other device. Still the adapter gets errors but at least anything else on the USB 2 ports does not get cut off any more.