Old September 9th, 2014, 06:23 PM

Davesterio is on a distinguished road
Default Have they given up on Windows 8.1 compatibility?

I've been searching for months on solutions for the random disconnects and nothing's worked. Has Netgear released any statements on when we can expect drivers that actually support 8.1 or are we going to be left in the dark just waiting?
Really sad when I go to Best Buy and buy the most expensive wireless adapter and then find out it doesn't work on my brand new PC for livestreaming.
Even had my internet speeds doubled because I thought that could possibly be the issue.
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:11 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Nexious is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Have they given up on Windows 8.1 compatibility?

I just switched from Windows 7 to 8.1 last night and am highly frustrated by the disconnects and other issues the A6200 is giving me. It is especially annoying considering I just bought the adapter this year for twice as much as a competing one and it advertised Windows 8 compatibility right on the box. I performed a fresh format and install of Windows 8 then all the updates including Windows 8.1 and then the latest a6200 driver but I have to disconnect it and plug it back in constantly for Internet to work, sometimes it thinks I'm connected but then says limited too. Don't know what else to try.
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

noboundaries is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have they given up on Windows 8.1 compatibility?

have you tried the driver beta, 1.0.0.35 yet, it seem to have fixed the issues, just a damn pop up message saying its connected. Other than that its staying connected with good speed. seems to be an answer. I had the same issued, drop out and failures galore.. Good luck
Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:54 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Nexious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have they given up on Windows 8.1 compatibility?

Yes, the latest beta 1.0.0.35 did not improve the problem for me. My very old DWA-125 card from D-Link works without issue in Windows 8.1. I ended up getting a competing company's PCI-E WiFi card for Windows 8.1 that works flawlessly.