Old May 2nd, 2015, 02:17 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Kameo2k is on a distinguished road
Default A6210 Dropping packets during ping to router

So I contacted customer support and got no where...the issue I am having is I am connected to my router on a 5GHz connection and I am dropping packets for some reason. This is confirmed through a continuous ping test to my router in the command prompt. The troubleshooting steps I have tried so far:

1.) Updating the firmware on the router I am using
2.) Updating the A6210 drivers I am using (currently 1.0.0.30)
3.) Reseting my router to factory defaults and reconfiguring
4.) Setting MAC filtering on the router and connecting
5.) Moving the adapter closer to the router (same issue occurred 1 ft away)

I also managed to bring my Mac Pro home from work today and it connects just fine to the router and doesn't have the issue of dropping packets. The extremely weird thing is when I use Skype (and ONLY skype) during the call I am fine. I don't have any connection issues to the router and the connection is stable/clean. I can not for the life of me figure out why Skype fixes this issue...

If anyone could help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated! If any customer support reps want my Customer ID for the ticket I opened it is 30228405
Old May 3rd, 2015, 10:05 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

dug_less is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A6210 Dropping packets during ping to router

Have you tried changing and testing different channels. Could be interference from another wireless network close to you. Also, is your A6210 located close to anything that could be producing radio interference such as unshielded speakers and such.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Kameo2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug_less View Post
Have you tried changing and testing different channels. Could be interference from another wireless network close to you. Also, is your A6210 located close to anything that could be producing radio interference such as unshielded speakers and such.
Yeah, I forgot to say I used inSSIDer to make sure I wasn't on a channel with anyone else. The 2.4GHz channels around here are overcrowded but the 5GHz aren't I managed to get one to myself. Also the A6210 isn't located near any speakers at the moment. It is sitting on the edge of my desk.

I forgot to mention in my first post that it doesn't start immediately after connecting to my network. It starts roughly 30-45 seconds after the initially connecting before that time it actually pings nonstop without any drops.
Old Today, 05:37 PM
NETGEAR Addict

minions08 is on a distinguished road

Install the adapter using the stand alone driver instead of using the normal software installation.