Old March 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM

notep is on a distinguished road
Default PTV3000 & Win 8

Has anyone successful in getting Win 8 (preinstalled) and PTV3000 working?

I updated all the Intel Drivers, WiDi and also updated the PTV3000 to the newer firmware that supports Windows 8 and still couldn't get it to work. I am able to pair my laptop and WiDi PTV3000 and able to find the Adapter in my WiDi Software. When I click connect the TV says "Attempting to connect to Wireless Display Device" and it goes blank and at the same time my laptop screen goes blank as well.

I get the following message though

"You are connected to a wireless router in an incompatible mode. Please reconnect to your wireless router in a compatible mode and rescan for adapters.

Compatible wireless router modes include Wi-Fi 802.11/b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11a/n at 5GHz non-DFS(Dynamic Frequency Selection) channels.

Incompatible modes include Wi-Fi 802.11a/n at 5GHz DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) Channels"

Anyone has any idea about this?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

theiceman2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PTV3000 & Win 8

Got the same problem here as "notep". Called into tech support making sure Intell & firmware drivers were the latest & up to date. Could not solve problem.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

lqdchkn is on a distinguished road

Sup guize

Got a PTV3000 yesterday and updated firmware to 2.2.9 and I can get everything connected. I do get that same error occasionally and occasionally get hang-ups at the "connecting" screen (both on the tv and the PC) and have to cancel the connection to retry. But eventually they will work for me.

The issue I'm having is that I can't get surround to output, only 2 audio channels seem to be available to output.

Let me know if you'd like any details and if you have any pointers on my issue, I'd appreciate it
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM

jport7uga is on a distinguished road

I have windows 8 and PTV3000. After 4 + hours over two days on the phone with netgear tech support, I was able to connect after updating all of the firmware. The problem I have now is about 20 minutes or so into a movie, the picture freezes on the TV. Continues playing if you look at the laptop, but will not recover on the TV. I have to disconnect the WiDi and reconnect, then it continues to happen more frequently. Anyone else having this problem?
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:03 PM

onemarble is on a distinguished road

If I had to do over, I would not buy the PTV3000. I have gone around and around with different drivers, firmware, etc. Sometimes it works and the next day it doesn't. Right now I am on Firmware 2.21.15, latest WiDi version 4.0.18.0, Latest Intel WiFi version 15.6.1, running Win 8 - 64 bit, Intel i5, 8 Gig Ram, Win Exp Index of 5.8 and a broadband connection with Fios of 50/20 with an actual tested WiFi speed of 20/30 on an N Router.

Problem is when I connect Widi, it takes forever, then I watch my Wifi Signal drop by 1/2, my D/L speed drops to 1, it works for a while until finally the PTV quits and goes back to square one and the WiDi app still shows connected. After that, I have to reboot, because the WiFi dies on the vine.

I don't know if its NetGear, Intel, or my Ultrabook, but at this point it all stinks. I have been having issues since November and 90% of the time it doesn't work and the 10% of the time, it works half @$$.

If I was a regular computer user versus a hacker type, I would have thrown the PTV3000 in the garbage in frustration. So far I have only gotten as far as thinking about it. I don't like letting the tech beat me, but I am going to give up again for a while until they get this problem (if they can) fixed.

So to answer your questions, no Netgear hasn't got an answer because I truly believe they and Intel still haven't figured it out completely. Yes it may work for some of you, but my experience so far has been complete crap.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

heehee62 is on a distinguished road

Yes! I have it working.

Updating all the drivers (graphics first, then intel proset, then widi) to the most recent ones does work.

That alone It didn't work for me though. I think I corrupted some file or something after the million times I installed/reinstalled the drivers before Intel fixed the problems.

I had to "refresh my pc" and then update all the drivers (don't delete the original drivers, just update). This forced me to reinstall a lot of my programs, but oh well, at least my widi is working now.

There's lag/stutter sometimes and a bit of video/audio degradation but unfortunately I wanted miracast and between the two adapters that provide it (Actiontec screenbeam and ptv3000), the ptv3000 did a better job for me anyway.