Old May 4th, 2013, 07:27 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

DiabloZoe is on a distinguished road
Default Access ip cam from 3G

I really could use some help setting this up, I applied for a free DNS server through dlink. So now I have a host name and it's telling me an browser ip address 68.224.x.xx. Now I am totally new to this but not computer illiterate, so now I have to set up port forwarding? If I go to DNS setup I put in the I formation and select status it shows that it's up and running, but no matter what I enter into the ip cam app on the phone it will not connect. I setup port forwarding I added a custom service, named it ip cam Not sure what to put start/end port at so I put 81/90 and now for the server ip address is this the address that the router assigned my ip camera which is 192.168.1.xx. Is this how this is setup? And help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:58 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Access ip cam from 3G

You need to set a port at the camera, practically all IP cameras will allow this, and many will also still allow for port 80 to be used at the same time. So at the camera set a unique port to use (unique to your LAN) e.g. 12345

If the camera allows for port 80 also then locally it can be addressed at its LAN IP e.g. http://192.168.1.2 otherwise if would be addressed at http://192.168.1.2:12345

Make sure the router is set to always allocate the same IP address to the camera, use the ‘address reservation’ feature of the router. Alternatively you can set an IP address at the camera itself (don’t use DHCP) e.g. 192.168.1.111, but if you do this you should also reduce the DHCP range of the router e.g. 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100

Set up port forwarding in the router, e.g. tcp/udp arriving at port 12345 to 192.168.1.111 the start / end range for the port will be the same i.e. 12345 for both

My name is Andy.
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:43 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Ok under the ip cam settings, LAN settings DHCP Connection is checked and under ip address which is greyed out it has 192.168.0.20. If I check static ip address then the above mentioned address will become dark. So it's left at DHCP. Now for port settings it says HTTP Port 80 and under UPnP it's enabled and so is UPnP port forwarding that's enabled to.

Now under the router settings I selected add custom service for service name I put IP Camera start port 80 end port 80 and the address that the router assigned the ip camera is 192.168.1.22 this address is listed as server ip address....not sure if I entered the port forwarding info correctly

Now I set up a dlinkddns account and it gives me a browser ip address as 68.224.145.xxx

I have a host name xxxxxx.dlinkddns.com
Ip in DNS..I have this set as the ip address of the camera?
Last Modified
Browser IP Address 68.224.145.xxxx

Now on the wifi network if I in put my ddns.com stuff it will bring to the camer ip log on and ask for the username and password and then onto the camera picture, but if I do this over 3G safari cannot load the page..

How does this all translate to being to see over 3G?

Thanks again for any help
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to use static IP on IP cam OR use "address reservation" in the router to push specific IP or you will NOT abel to reach if IP changes

IP cam will have PORT designation such as default most common 80. I would change to above 1025 ports number to be more better setups

In the forwarding rules of 3700 setup correctly to port you designated and the IP address of the IP cam

If you put dyndns account in the 3700 then should able to reach by

dnsalisname: port number from remote (WiFi, 4G or other remote wired network etc)

Quote:
Now on the wifi network if I in put my ddns.com stuff it will bring to the camer ip log on and ask for the username and password and then onto the camera picture, but if I do this over 3G safari cannot load the page..
If 3700 do NOT have public IP of 68.x IP under internet port that is your problem

see router setup on my sig below and make sure setup correctly. Read step3 carefully
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:38 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

I have cox cable with the Motorola sbv5220 do I need to put the modem in bridge mode? Do I need to contact them and get any information?

Ok on the ip camera side under LAN settings uncheck DHCP and select static ip address? Which has 192.168.0.xx there is also an option for user I'd and password these are blank, the I have and area for default gateway also blank and primary and secondary DNS these are also blank

Under port settings it HTTP Port 80 I should change this to 1025 or beyond?

Do I do anything with UPnP settings?
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have cox cable with the Motorola sbv5220 do I need to put the modem in bridge mode? Do I need to contact them and get any information?
68.224.145.xxxx

If you see same IP on internet port of the ROUTER GUI then you are ok

This is modem with Phone

Quote:
Ok on the ip camera side under LAN settings uncheck DHCP and select static ip address? Which has 192.168.0.xx there is also an option for user I'd and password these are blank, the I have and area for default gateway also blank and primary and secondary DNS these are also blank
You need to use static IP on IP cam OR use "address reservation" in the router to push specific IP or you will NOT abel to reach if IP changes

suggested to use either..

I go with STATIC IP outside of your DHCP range of Router which you also need to adjust under LAN setup

Quote:
Under port settings it HTTP Port 80 I should change this to 1025 or beyond?
I would....

Quote:
Do I do anything with UPnP settings?
that would help not make port forwarding to work

UPnP is for application to request ports to be open when need it
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

The 68.224.145.xxx I do not see any where opin the router GUI, this address is from the DNS I setup, Where would it show up in the GUI? I did setup dynamic dns and that information has my host name and username and password

Ok so I reserved the ip address for the camera which is 192.168.1.xx in the camera browser if I switch to static ip it gives me 192.168.0.xx should I make this 192.168.1.xx or should I change the reservation address to 192.168.0.xx?

When it comes to the port forwarding what info will i entering there? If input under server ip anything but a 192.168.1.xxx address I get a popup saying I need to stay I'm the LAN realm?
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Banned

Router GUI- router status
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Yes I see the Under Internet port ip address I have the 68.224.205.xx address listed. So we're am I to go from here?
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Banned

Setup static IP and ports like suggested