Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11ac Routers > R6300

Old August 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM

sardesai is on a distinguished road
Default WiFi Problems

I replaced the old Aztech Router with Netgear R6300 because the new Samsung Core Duos would not connect to the old router.

The new R6300 has / had more problems getting different devices to connect to it. I will post different issues in multiple posts so that issues do not get mixed up.

Issue 1:
When I set the Channel (2.4 GHz) on Auto the ASUS table would not connect, it shows Saved, Secured. If I select a channel manually it connects.

Any ideas what is going on?
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:43 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Joe_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WiFi Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardesai View Post
When I set the Channel (2.4 GHz) on Auto the ASUS table would not connect, it shows Saved, Secured. If I select a channel manually it connects.
I've seen mention of this issue before. If you don't have the same issue with other devices (e.g. laptops, phones, different OS), then it may be a device-specific issue or a compatibility issue between that device and the router. But aren't all devices and routers suppose to be compatible? Yes, in a perfect world - not in practice.

BTW, I would imagine by "ASUS table" it uses the Android OS? I myself have an Android ICS tablet and don't have any issues when my router is set to "Auto-channel". What does that tell you? Have you investigated this issue from the Asus angle or are you "blinkered" in assuming where the issue lies?

Long story short - just set a fixed channel and be thankful you have a workaround until whichever side decides to accept responsibility and fix it.
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:51 AM
NETGEAR Addict

searay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WiFi Problems

Makes no sense. Return router before you're stuck with it being that this is 1 connection issue out of several that you eluded too.

Auto Channel shouldn't have any effect on the clients ability to connect. The clients scanning should happen no matter what the router is set to.

I would make sure the SSID is not hidden and security is a basic passphrase and if still having problems return router.