Old June 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

waldo22 is on a distinguished road
Default Remote control codes

I was playing around with the remote for my Yamaha Home Theater receiver today and I found out that my Squeezebox can be controlled by entering the remote code for a JVC DVD Player. (this is the official solution from their website)

Does the EVA-8000 have a similar trick up its sleeve? For simple navigation, it seems like a standard "DVD Player" profile should work, mainly the directional pad, enter or select button, menu, play, pause, stop, back, forward, etc.

Is there a manufacturer code I can put in to my Yamaha remote like I did with my squeezebox that will allow it to control the EVA-8000?

I did a search, but all I came up with is how to program universal "learning" style remotes such as the Pronto or Harmony for RC5. I'm a simple man, and am happy with my Yamaha remote.

Controls everything else except my X10 stuff

Wes
Old June 17th, 2007, 07:05 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

cur8or is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remote control codes

Though you wrote that universal remotes would be an overkill for you I'd mention that all remote control commands work great with my Harmony 880 remote - I use it to control 7 devices including EVA8000.

While code for regular remotes is useful for playback controls they probably won't be able to support full functionality of EVA remote.
Old June 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Yeah, I know it couldn't have full funtionality, but any remote control with a DVD directional pad (up, down, left, right, select/enter) would allow you to browse through your collection to at least select and play, say, a DVD movie.

My Yamaha receiver remote currently controls:

1) receiver
2) Mits 55" TV
3) OTA HD Set Top Box
4) DVD player
5) VCR (what's a VCR?)
6) iPod (the Yamaha receiver has a cool dock called the YDS-10 which lets you control your iPod through the remote. really cool
8) Squeezebox (http://www.slimdevices.com/)

the thing is, it does all of these things WELL!!! The EVA-8000 would make a round number 8 to finish off the list.
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:11 PM
NETGEAR Addict

ScholarWarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo22 View Post
Is there a manufacturer code I can put in to my Yamaha remote like I did with my squeezebox that will allow it to control the EVA-8000?
Look for Netgear MP101 which uses the identical code set. Also you can look at Philips DVD players, though that won't give you 100% of the keys.
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Scholar,

That is OUTSTANDING! Thanks a lot,

Wes